Hampton Inn & Suites
Responsible for the cleanliness of the public and guest areas of the hotel and restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the cleaning of corridors, guest areas, service areas and linen closets.
2. Empty housekeepers' trash and linen bags.
3. Deposits linen down chute and carries trash to dumpster.
4. Vacuums corridors and/or guestrooms.
5. Delivers rollaway and cribs to guestrooms.
6. Turns mattresses as directed by management.
7. Stocks supplies needed for linen closets.
8. Vacuums public areas.
9. Sweeps and mops service landings.
10. Mops vending machine areas and keeps machines clean.
11. Checks all public restrooms for cleanliness several times daily.
12. Checks each floor to make sure fire doors are open.
13. Checks elevators for cleanliness.
14. Assists with luggage handling.
15. Cleans rooms when needed.
16. Change bed linen daily.
17. Vacuum carpeting.
18. Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers).
19. Remove fingerprints and smudges (ex. mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc).
20. Thoroughly clean the bathroom area - wash shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
21. Make sure that the standard room set-up is complied with.
22. Report immediately all damage found in a room.
23. Report immediately all missing items in room. Report immediately personal guest items found in vacant rooms.
24. Notify Housekeeping Supervisor of all rollaways or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
25. Take responsibility for pass key and make sure it is turned in daily.
26. Turn in immediately all "lost and found" items to supervisor.
27. Report immediately to the Housekeeping Supervisor: No luggage, No service needed, Sleep outs, Extra guests, Anything unusual.
28. Shut off all lights, TVs and air conditioners when leaving room.
29. Checks lights and changes bulbs.
30. Maintains outside grounds daily.
31. Assists in the unloading of deliveries and the proper storage of such.
32. Maintenance of the marquee.
33. Sorts linens for washer.
34. Removes stains from badly soiled linen.
35. Operates washers and dryers properly.
36. Folds all linens to hotel standards.
37. Washes banquet and kitchen laundry.
38. Washes bedspreads, bed pads, and blankets per instructions..
39. Keeps laundry area neat and clean.
40. Checks daily for all banquet and restaurant linen needs.
41. Handles all laundry chemical products properly and advises Housekeeper of inventory levels.
42. Assists other Housekeepers in other areas when laundry is slow or work is caught up.
43. Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
44. Adheres to all company policies & procedures & brand standards.
Housekeeping Supervisor, General Manager, Property Management Team
Must have knowledge of hotel housekeeping and cleaning techniques. Must have the ability to lift, bend, move heavy equipment, and remain on one's feet for extended periods of time. Must have good communication skills, Spanish speaking skills a plus. Must be team oriented and dedicated to providing excellent service and ensuring that the brand’s highest standards are met. Each team member is considered a salesperson for the property. Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Any hotel employee may be asked to use their personal vehicle for business purposes at any time.